Do it the Bard Way!
GreenStage Youth Summer Camps
For kids ages 5-15
Join GreenStage in this special opportunity for enrichment and fun this summer. In our one week camps, kids will rehearse and perform an abbreviated version of one of Shakespeare’s plays. Everyone gets a role!
Our theatre camps take each student on a personal journey through the world of Shakespeare. Their natural imaginations will be embraced and nurtured as their ability to focus and work as a team increases. Each week-long camp ends with a free performance (picnic recommended) in the parks for family and friends.
All camps directed by GreenStage Staff. Costumes are provided. Audition and resume tips will be covered and head shots (actor photos) will be taken of each camper by a professional photographer and provided digitally at the end of the week. Campers should bring a lunch and drink daily.
PEE WEE SHAKESPEAREANS ages 5-7
TINY TEMPEST CAMP - $150
Spend a week with spirits of the air and fire! Play with the magic of Shakespeare with Prospero and all the inhabitants of his mysterious island. We offered Pee Wee camps for the smallest Shakespeareans for the first time last year. The kids all had a blast! Everyone loves to pretend to be a fairy or a princess or a hero, and the kids are never too young to start learning.
- July 20–24 • Queen Anne Community Center - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- August 3–7 • Magnuson Park Community Center - FULL
- August 10–14 • Volunteer Park - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- August 17–21 • High Point Commons - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Mon-Fri: 10 am - 1 pm | Friday performance at 1 pm sharp.
YOUTH THEATRE CAMPS ages 8-15
AS YOU LIKE IT
- July 27–31 • Queen Anne Community Center • $275 - REGISTER NOW with Seattle Parks using this number: 128980
- August 17–21 • High Point Commons• $275 - REGISTER NOW
AS YOU LIKE IT - TWO WEEK CAMP! - $475
For the first time this summer we offer a camp that runs for two weeks instead of the usual one. Some participants have asked at times for a more immersive experience, as adding a second week will mean more rehearsal days. Campers will be able to get deeper into the text and learn more about Shakespeare and theatre.
- July 27–August 7 (2 weeks) • Magnuson Park Community Center - REGISTER NOW with Seattle Parks using this number: 129318
ROMEO AND JULIET
- July 20–24 • Magnuson Park Community Center • $325 - FULL
- August 10–14 • Volunteer Park • $275 - REGISTER NOW
About GreenStage’s Theatre Camps
GreenStage’s educational programs support the values of successful learning and include summer shows for ages 5-15. Our theatre camps take each student on a personal journey through the world of Shakespeare. Their natural imaginations will be embraced and nurtured as their ability to focus and work as a team increases. All offerings focus on positive reinforcement and esteem building skills as our young artists explore Shakespeare's mind-expanding concepts and beautiful world vision. Our instructors create supportive environments in the beauty of the Seattle area parks where we have been staging our professional shows for 25 years. Each week-long camp ends with a free performance (picnic recommended) in the parks for family and friends.
- Registrations are taken on a first come, first served basis and are processed when accompanied by at least $100 non-refundable deposit.
- REFUNDS of camp fees in excess of the $100 non-refundable deposit are only possible up to two weeks prior to the start of camp.
- We will refund all payments, including deposits, if your registration cannot be processed due to full camps, or cancelled camps, etc.
- Camp Cancellations: If enrollment is insufficient we reserve the right to cancel camps. In this case, all tuition paid would be returned in full, including the non-refundable registration deposit.
Questions? Please contact Eve Hammond, Education Director by email or leave a message at 206-748-1551